Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Final Blog Post

Hey all! This will be my final blog post. Throughout this art course, I have learned to be more open, creative, and risky. I have discovered that it's not the art skill that matters when teaching in the arts but the enthusiasm, management, resources, and encouragement! I am also able to feel more free and enjoy the arts more as a result of this art discovery adventure.
I thank everyone for their heart-felt comments and for allowing me to read their blogs! I have enjoyed reading about and discovering more about you guys and the arts these past 10 weeks!
PS - Speaking about risky, I have decided to join the Church Christmas Choir! I KNOW!!! ME!!! See what I mean?! (I am also blogging this to fulfill the music requirement that we were supposed to blog about.)
Take care everyone and have a Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

Sherry Toninato said...

Wow! Stephie, I would love to go into the church choir, except I am still scared, so way to go! Although, I do definitely sing and move to the music in my seat in the sanctuary. I love to feel the music in my soul. God Bless, Sherry

Lin said...

Hey, maybe we should start a quilting bee? Did you know that if you used telephone book pages as a size cutter, it is the perfect size for stuffed quilting squares. I learned this from a woman who made 100's and I mean 100's of quilts. She would send them through her church to 3rd world countries. I too have cross stitched but I feel I do not have time....maybe when I retire....I am impressed with your bravery to extend yourself out there - I agree it is not your talent but your enthusiasm and willingness to learn that counts with the arts and especially with teaching it...

Willow Brown said...

Thanks for summing up your learning in the course. Congratulations on the risk you are about to take! Let us know how it goes and what you learn that you can apply to teaching. For me, choral singing is a powerful metaphor for teamwork, but the metaphor isn't meaningful if you haven't experienced it for yourself.

Willow Brown said...

I have now reviewed your entire blog. It was an enjoyable experience. I appreciated your thoughtful comments and the openness with which you shared your own interests and development. Have a wonderful, well-earned holiday!