Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sing Along!

I think that the sing along went fantastic!!!! The audience seemed to really enjoy it and I KNOW that we enjoyed doing it ... come on admit it!!! Ha ha ha ha! I especially loved getting to wear the sombrero and those santa hats!! Too funny! The sing-a-long went great, especially considering we only had the one class to put it all together ... I would definitely love to put one of these on with a class in the future! I think Christine said it best - it was really good to keep it simple!
Even though I cannot sing that well, I still really enjoyed it. I think that this says a lot for the students that may be in my class. Even though they may not be able to sing perfectly, they will still enjoy being able to put on a performance and sing their hearts out! Therefore, we need to be giving our students the opportunity to sing their hearts out! We cannot and should not leave music out just because we cannot sing or play an instrument! Fake it 'till you make it and ENJOY it!

1 comment:

Willow Brown said...

Thanks for not saying that you "can't" sing...and for emphasizing that teachers shouldn't avoid singing with kids because of their own lack of confidence. Much of my own confidence came from years of singing with kids!